Support with UCAS
It is never too soon to start making plans for university study but the formal UCAS process starts after Christmas in L6, when we begin to research universities and make initial plans about possible courses and alternative pathways (including apprenticeships and employment).
The key elements of the UCAS process are described below, we offer high levels of support through our Sixth Form Tutors and small tutor groups to guide our students along every step of the way.
· A visit to a local partner Russell Group University;
· Information meeting for parents about the university application process;
· Registration on UCAS Apply when it comes online in June (L6);
· Guidance sessions on writing personal statements;
· Clear advice and information about the submission of applications - Oxbridge and highly competitive (such as Medicine) course applications submitted by 15th October (U6) & all other applications submitted by 15th January (U6);
· Mock interviews for all students who need them (not all courses interview);
· Support on Results Day as required.
Derby High has an excellent track record of assisting students with successful applications to all courses including those which are incredibly competitive to get onto (medicine, dentistry, law etc...) at a wide range of institutions (including Oxbridge). Every student is unique and will be given the support that they require to help them to achieve their aims.